sweep...

|
I don't really know how to explain this, and although it seems silly, I feel I must write it down as to not forget. Things are so easy to forget sometimes, even when we want to remember. Every evening I am at Matt's house, his roommate Mike comes in, plops on the bed, and talks to us for about fifteen minutes. And although often times it is an interruption to conversation, and we usually lose our train of thought, I truly enjoy - and even look forward to - these little moments. The other night we were curled up and Mike comes home, squeezes beside us, and begins telling his stories. A guitar sitting in the corner catches his eye and he decides to serenade us. It's was a country song, although try as I might the name won't come to mind. Mike starts singing, then Matt starts singing. And as I looked up at Matt, grinning from ear to ear, a feeling of strange joy washed all over me. Literally. It was there for a second - the joy, the contentment - and then it was gone. Like a passing moment of happiness in its purest state.

0 comments: