toast crunch...

|
Last night I decided not to workout because my legs were hairy and my long workout pants were still drying.  That's totally legit.  One cannot risk hairy legs in a workout class.  If the instructor had to make an adjustment, or the light hit just right... yikes!

Instead, I decided to make cinnamon rolls - a goal I'd been procrastinating for quite some time.  My Grandma was a master baker and sold cinnamon rolls across half the state of Kansas.  So, although baking fresh bread with yeast scared the jeebers out of me, it was time to give it a go.  The process was more fun and actually simpler than I'd built it up in my head.  I didn't kill the yeast, and also managed to roll out the dough in a rectangularish shape (my second greatest baking fear... rolling pins), so it was an overall success.  Unfortunately the pan I used cooked the bottoms of the rolls a little darker than I'd prefer, so they weren't as soft and awesome as Grandma used to make.  However, it was a great learning experience, and, my kitchen helpers made the process way better than cooking alone.

Pictured below - 1) Renee cutting the rolls 2) Rolls ready for the oven 3) Brian and Renee begging the rolls to cook faster; *please note I did not set up this shot.  I honestly didn't.  They were both kneeling in front of the oven salivating all over the floor.  And no, that is not a bottle of Wellers on the counter.  Also, no, we did not take shots  in-between kneading the dough.  While obnoxiously singing the 'Shots!' song by LMFAO. That would be silly.  4) Rolls out of the oven with frosting that set up before the rolls were finished.  Even though it was extra thick, the frosting definitely tasted like Grandma's!

Thank goodness for cancelled workouts.  And sugar.




1 comments:

Jen Samayoa said...

I recognize that hairy arm in the first picture!