perfect...

|
Not much can beat the sensation of flying down a snowy mountain, swooshing left then carving right, pole plant, pole plant, carve. No sound except the rush of wind past your ears and snow under your feet.  Teetering just on the edge of in control.

Oops, did I say 'teetering on the edge of in control'?  Sometimes the flying part can get a little dicey - a mistake would make for a messy, yard sale of a crash.  And some sort of knee injury for sure.  But we do it anyway.  As fast as you can go, as hard as you can push, down to the bottom.  I like skiing.  Wish I could make it happen more often.  For now I settle for two trips a year.  Once with the fam, and once with friends.  This weekend Sara and I hit up Beaver Creek for some fabulous scenery and wide open runs.  We weren't disappointed.  It's so beautiful there with all the Aspen trees and empty lift lines.  We skied our hearts out.  My quads have been reminding me all day.

To top it off the day before was spent with the newest baby in my life - little Kolbe (whose photos will be posted on the photo blog soon).  Time went too fast with him and his momma.  What a precious little boy!  I mean, I know we say that about all babies, but he absolutely is.  

Below is a view from our patio window.  The winter scene is so barren, it almost looks like the photo is black and white.  Can we get some springtime up in here - I need color in my life!  And below that are our winter pride and joys.  Some day my skis will grow up and be big skis like Sara's.  And the next is the aftermath of a day of skiing.  Boots and gloves drying by the fireplace always make me smile.  It's evidence of a good day's work.

Also, just a note - I wear a helmet when skiing.  Just in case the teetering turns into tottering.  Also helps when going through tree trails.  Branches tend to be attracted to my head.

0 comments: