amarillo by morning...

|
Last night marked the end of a ten-day road trip with the fam.  There are stories and photos to share.  We covered some ground and were able to spend a lot of time with family and friends.  A different twist on our usual, and I'm thankful for it.  My (lofty) intention is to post a photo a day from the trip...

Day One: Met with friends in KC.  Carpooled to Wichita (thank goodness they gave me a lift).  Laughed a lot.  Met up with bro & sis-in-law. Rode to Dexter, KS.  Visited small candy factory, supposedly home of the first Baby Ruth bar.  Parents joined us.  All met up with cousins for a tour of their town.  From their front yard they could see Mr. Cow, pictured below.  Looks like a good life to me.

The town was small, but the community very much alive and active.  My second cousin was growing fruit from a pot on the window sill.  So stinking cute.




0 comments: