caffe americano...

|
On my Starbucks cup this afternoon:

The Way I See It #76

The irony of commitment is that
it's deeply liberating - in works,
in play, in love. The act frees you
from the tyranny of your internal critic,
from the fear that likes to
dress itself up and parade around
as rational hesitation. To commit is
to remove your head as the barrier
to your life

- Anne Morris, Starbucks customer from NYC

It's not often a paper cup makes me reflect as much as this one did.

What excuses am I holding onto? What fears and self-doubts are preventing me from being the best me I have to offer? Why is our society, this generation, myself included, so afraid of committing to anything? When will we take ownership for our actions, decisions, and ultimately our future? When will we stop making excuses for our mediocrity and indecision?

Very soon, I hope.

And all that from a grande soy latte.

0 comments: