two bare feet on the dashboard...

|

Say what? August 8th was the last post in this silly, random, whirlwind of a blog? What, exactly, is the dealio with that?

This girl is a s-l-a-c-k-e-r. That's what.

I became so overwhelmed at all the photographs I longed to post (which takes forever and three days to upload...), and the stories I couldn't wait to share, and all the adventures of the summer I wanted to document so I could reminisce when I'm gray and crazier and my memory doesn't serve me so well - that I just couldn't make myself spend the time in front of the computer screen to chug through it all. So, instead I did nothing. Not even a mini-update. Just... nothing. I hid in real life, with my beach towel, my frisbee, and every last drop of sunshine I could gather, and stayed as far away from little Mac as possible.

Eventually I felt guilty for my slackerness. And I still wanted to share my stories. So hopefully, really hopefully within the next week I'll have settled down and tended to the blog. No promises though because (WARNING: somewhat related passionate tangent ahead)...

We're losing approximately two minutes of daylight. Every! Single! Day! So get out there people - enjoy the beautiful weather, the disgusting humidity, the heat. Because it's fading quickly. And pretty soon we'll be tromping around in boots and seven layers of sweaterscoatsandwoolstockings complaining that it's so blasted miserably cold.

Go outside! Go play! Remember what it was like to be a kid and soak up this sweet summertime. Get off your duffs, away from the television and computer monitors and comfy air-conditioning. Just pretty please live up summer while it lasts!

And I'll get around to posting as soon as my pool pass runs out...

0 comments: