let it snow...

|
So here I sit, my hair wrapped up in a messy towel knot, trying to mop up all the water I spilled on my desk. This wouldn't be such a problem, of course, if I had a clean desk. But there is stuff scattered everywhere - homework, random notes, numerous lists, gloves, cards, pictures, yogurt, books, a camera, and earrings - you know, the usual. So most of the stuff is soaked, I suppose my clumsiness deserved it.

Everyone is bustling around the house tonight with projects and school work and presentations. Megan is playing her Christmas music (primarily N'Sync Christmas - which Bridge, Megs, and I all secretly like). I was trying to guess the tunes from the shower wall, with some success. Her playlists are the best; actually, when you can hear her singing through the bedroom door is even better, when you can tell she's really happy. Anna is downstairs helping a friend with a powerpoint, or maybe distracting him from getting it done. We made him watch a girly movie tonight. He put up a fight, but I'm pretty sure he liked it. I think Bridge passed out upstairs with her T.V. on because I haven't seen her for the last seven hours. And Liz is putting together her last interior design project - hopefully the girls will get a few hours of sleep tonight. The house is filled with Christmas trees, greenery, and lights (thanks Bridge); a reminder of what is soon to come, as well as what will be over even sooner - I'm sure the entire campus is hoping and praying that dreaded finals week will be over swiftly and painlessly. Bring on the presents and carols and cousins!

0 comments: