swing batter...

|
This year I have made it to three Rockies games, which seems like a pretty good record, based on my short time span in the city. (It also helps that tickets are cheap and the setting provides great entertainment at little cost. Well... besides the beer.) The baseball games have also been the reason for some of the most positive experiences I have had since the move. I met the guy from K-State who happened to be sitting a few rows up during the first game. The second game allowed me to meet a bunch of new people at once - some of whom have taken me under their wing and led me to more people/potential friends. And last Friday during the third game, well, to be honest nothing spectacular happened, but it was absolutely perfect weather. We got there late, snuck down to the fifteenth row, and drank beer for dinner. It doesn't get much nicer than that.

So imagine my surprise yesterday, while buying groceries, after the self-check screen flashes and says "Be sure to check your receipt for a special announcement." Um... huh? The Rockies strike again - apparently when you buy too many groceries (I'm in there at least twice a week...) the store rewards you for your patronage. I won four free baseball tickets for the end of the season. And they aren't even the cheap ones. So I have one more Rockies game to attend, and hopefully it has more surprises in store.

Now, if I only had three friends...



Okay, only kidding. They are already spoken for. But I had you worried, didn't I?

Oh, P.S. - I start school tomorrow! And not exactly as a stellar student either. "Be sure to read the material before you come to class," they say. I suppose some things never change...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't rely on me to read everything and fill you in before class...oh wait, I got that confused. Have fun at the baseball game!

Anonymous said...

Sucks doesn't it, I really thought that my brain was going on a nice smooth down hill vacation not having to deal with anything to crazy and new. WRONG... I got more books to read for work than... well ... than I'm going to read! hahaha.

Good luck with all that studying.

- Ryan

Rae said...

Napolean! Napolean! (did I spell that right?) Thank you everyone for the blog love. It means a lot to hear from you. And Brian, I will forever have your back on last minute cram sessions. I miss our walks and talks from the Union to Calvin. Tear.