caught the bug...

|
So today was a beautiful day, followed by a lovely endorphin kick. I attended a cheesy motivation speaker before lunch, who encouraged us to be fully engaged and unique in our jobs, and to serve others instead of seeking self-interest. And he kept mentioning how we all run around 100 mph with our hair on fire. That kind of made me giggle. My boss took us out for lunch to Spicy Pickle afterward (which is my absolute favorite deli) and the rest of the day flew by. Work was followed by an hour of hot yoga, where I sweated out possibly all the liquids I'd consumed throughout the day, and maybe even the day before. Seriously, water completely running down my chin, bangs all crazy because my forehead was liquefied... you get the picture.

Our last fall frisbee game was tonight too, and we were playing against a team with all our friends on it. Which can be a little awkward defending someone you know, wheezing on them because you're so gosh darn winded from running back and forth across the field, wishing you had some Scope to swish around... anyway we really wanted to win because they'd had a great season and we'd, well, had a losing season. So, moral of the story, we played really strong, held them until the last 15 minutes, but lost in the end. I was really proud of us though. And I finally played well too - first assist to a touchdown of the evening. Yesssss.

So awhile ago I was just driving home, smiling like a nerd. I really like it here. I really, really do.

0 comments: