margaret...

|
Umm... hi. Again. So last night while I was out there was a lot of talk about blogging, and it got me thinking of this one. And how I used to have good stories or adventures (at least I tended to think so) to share, actually, quite often. And how that hasn't really happened in a long time. I finally decided nothing very hilarious has happened to me lately at all. Which at first bummed me out, because I tend to do dumb things, and sometimes it's great to proclaim it to the world via the Internet. Then I realized a lot of great things have been happening, but often I don't like writing about that, because, well, it can be quite boring to others (let's be honest) and, although I recognize I can be cheesy a lot of the time, my blabberings could very well be overkill.

So, I have no funny stories to share. It rained beautiful cool showers all afternoon in Denver. I ate take-out Chinese and vegged pretty much all day, which was quite ideal. My dad's coming to visit tomorrow. We're going jean shopping (his request) and I'm TOTALLY excited to see him because I'm getting a little - gasp - homesick. Actually I'm completely Kansas-sick in general. Really. I miss my roommates!!! A whole whole whole lot. And friends too. For example, I was finally able talk to Brian the other day, after maybe a couple of months of no talkie-talkie (which is far too long - never again!) and don't tell him this, but I was tearing up on the phone as soon as we started sharing stories, because I missed him so much. It's beautiful and but also extremely difficult when you realize no one is replaceable. As great of friends as you make at throughout life, no one else can fill the hole left by someone else. And as much as I probably knew that, it wasn't real until moving here. And then here were a LOT of holes left behind, a lot of people I am incredibly grateful to have as friends. And even though we try, gosh darn it, there's only so much a telephone can do, you know?

So, if you didn't notice, you're missed. I'm pretty sure there's a KC trip planned for mid-April (Bridge, I have to see you before you're oceans away!) and hopefully it will temporarily fill me back up and hold me over until I can make it back again.

Anyway, I don't really know how to tie up this extra-cheese-filled post, so I'll just let you know, the next post will be a good story. Or an adventure. If I have to make it up to accomplish this, so be it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheese away, I love this post!! I miss you so much, and I wish that I was going to have a chance to come to Denver before I leave for Europe. Don't you worry though, I will see you for sure before I start my job, it will be mandatory! -B