crunchy soda...

|
Tonight was a necessary break from the busy burn-out of the workload. Apparently no one felt like eating much after stuffing themselves full of mash potatoes yesterday, which was fine with all of us. So we goofed off in the back, throwing foil balls at each other, making ridiculous drawings (Tom scribbled quite the Ninja Turtle), and well, overall managing to not get very much work done at all. The night traffic never picked up, so everyone tended to get a little rowdier. Of course we tend to have quite the characters working behind the line, so when I got drawn on with permanent marker, I would not let it stop there. Tom got a surprise "void" stamp to the back of the neck and I thought all was fair. Little did I know two of the guys were plotting against me. Tozer came out and was jabbering, as usual, and decides to pick me up, which I don't even think twice about because it's not unusual for me to be tormented occasionally. However this time he had my arms behind my back, feet off the ground, when Tom rounds the corner and plants a big stamp right on my cheek. Ack! Boy it was pretty. Thankfully, after walking red-faced to the bano it washed off easily, but they weren't off the hook. I snuck back to Tom's soda and loaded it with about three tablespoons of Kosher salt. As luck would have it I even got to see him unsuspectingly drink it. Oh, the look on his face was priceless, as was the side-bursting laughter coming from the kitchen. Apparently it went up his nose - I don't know how he managed to swallow it. Gross. But wow was it funny. Now as long as I keep looking over my shoulder - hopefully his revenge won't be quite as sweet.

0 comments: