runner-up...

|
So I decided, after much whining and convincing, to compete in intramural racquetball for the fall season. After a few initial problems (somehow I was accidentally signed up for handball, which I know nothing about) we were rolling. The first two games I won fairly easily. I'm thinking, sweet, only two more games to go. But I played Monday and lost. Badly. I got royally burned. Crap. I didn't even go into three games. I think the whole round lasted twenty minutes. It's embarrasing. So I guess that means back to the drawing board and lots more practice. I probably needed that kick in the hiney. It was humbling for certain.

In other bad news, the Cirrus had some unexpected issues to be taken care of today. In the body shop for my 3000 mile rotation, probably a thousand miles overdue (I'm sorry dad! I procrastinate!) the guy pulls me out of the office and says, uh, you might want to come look at this. Oh great. He spins my front tire and shows, besides it being completely bald which was bad enough, a section that has been rubbing wrong and is even beyond the first layer of rubber. As in big time no no. Dang it. The other one was just as bad, so the nice guy let me call my dad, and he explained to him the dealio. Get that girl some new tires. I got scolded. Thank goodness I'm so many miles away, dad misses me too much to get very upset. Not that he ever got me into too much trouble anyway. Daughters seem to have that affect on their dads. Aww soft spots.

0 comments: