shifty...

|
My bebe was finally able to visit this weekend. Hallelujah! He flew in Friday night (the plane was delayed an hour, much to my dismay, and impatience!) and he was shown the official tour of my new apartment, which took almost two minutes. Saturday I made homemade cinnamon streusel, bread from a box, and then we set off on a surprise adventure. Knowing how much Clint likes to ride bikes, how much he enjoys adrenaline rushes, as well as a little competition, I made reservations for a twenty mile descent down a mountain close to Pikes Peak.
He was pumped, I was pumped. The trip up the mountain in a shaky passenger van provided an amazing view of the Springs, although the clouds were moving in and the chance of rain was pretty high. Being slightly (ahem) underprepared we robed ourselves with leftover jackets from previous journeys in order to protect ourselves from the elements. Clint lovingly let me carry the fanny pack (@$*%!) with the extra tire tube/kit in case of a flat. For the record he was hauling stuff too, but his was cool stuff like snacks and a hydration backpack. After getting on all of my gear, I no doubt appeared to be my mother's twin. I refuse to post photos of the ensemble to protect my pride. But trust me - it was bad.
Nonetheless we made it down the mountain safely. Clint's back tire did pop, so I assisted him in changing it by sitting on the ground and observing his craftsmanship. We hiked down a steep edge to get a closer look at a waterfall, maneuvered around tricky landscape, (he did, I sort of rode, fell, then walked my bike) and went under numerous tunnels that were so dark inside you couldn't see a boulder from a pothole. The final section was on pavement so we raced down hill as fast as we could, given we were sharing the road with vehicles and other bikers. As we pulled up to the office sprinkles of rain began to fall. We made it just in time.

The rest of the weekend was fun and relaxing as well. I ate my first "bloomin' onion" and walked Clint through a day in the life of me. I think he got a kick out of it. It was over all too soon, but I suppose all good things are. Clint arrived home at 2:30 Monday morning. How he managed to stay awake for the drive home... I have no idea.

Only one more month to go until we meet again...

0 comments: