i'm sorry, you have reached a number that has been...

|
I left my phone at home today and I missed it a little... wondering what planning for the weekend texts I'd be missing, and who had called throughout the day. I raced home through rush-hour traffic (thankfully full of green lights this go 'round - yay!) and ran upstairs to the little black flip-phone sitting on a lonely corner of my desk. Quickly flicked it open to see what I'd missed.

Then ate some humble soup for dinner.

Which brings me to the second wonderful thing that's happened since the job change. My phone doesn't ring. Well, not often anyway. Compared to the 30+ daily that used to be the norm. Back when my head wanted to fall off my neck in order to stop the insanity. Can anyone say sigh of relief? I can - ten times fast. Now, when it does ring, it's always a friend. Or my Momma saying hello. Or Dad calling with a funny story. And it's so weird. Like a mini-birthday gift each time the ringer sounds. No more flinching or cringing. No more crammed full voicemail inboxes. Just real, happy conversations with friends and family.

Aaaaand. One more thing. This phone only needs charged once every three days. Compared to evil Blackberry who required - no I am not kidding - three charges per day. Ah, the bliss of it all.

Okay, now back to my humble soup.



Please ignore the stain on my dress. Ahem. It was Fourth of July. Lots of food flying around. Craziness and celebration. I don't know what happened. I don't want to talk about it. Just appreciate the Americana of it all.

0 comments: