say aaaaaaahh...

|
Tomorrow starts (approximately) Step #39 on the life change checklist. It's my first day on the job after four years of human resources and my first new job since college. Soon I will be flossing and polishing teeth! (I'm not sure exactly how soon "soon" really means, but I will be, soon enough - volunteers welcome.) After talking to people about my new gig, many of them look at me and cock their head to the side as if asking, "uhh... say that again - you're doing... wha?"

I'm really thrilled at the opportunity of working with a friend in an office that is uplifting, busy, and very patient-oriented. The window view doesn't hurt either. ...Or the fact that I get to wear scrubs everyday. I'm thrilled at the opportunity to learn new things (so far here's what I've got: you have - typically - 32 teeth in your mouth. They are numbered starting with #1 at your top right molar and working around your mouth counter-clockwise to your bottom left molar, #32. I'm excited to be challenged and stretched with something totally foreign to me. About the only thing I know about teeth is they should be brushed twice a day and flossed daily. Don't tell my dentist - sometimes (often) I floss instead of brushing at night. A friend guessed it's because it's rewarding to me - to see the gunk squashed between teeth all day finally set free. She's probably right. I'm weird like that.

And so, new adventures await. Molars, incisors, gums, and cavities beware. I've got a whole lot of learning to do.

2 comments:

physicsteacher said...

I hope you enjoy it! Justin told me yesterday was your first day. Hope everything is going good!

Laura Zaps said...

i learned about dental injuries in the ER this week. here's a tip--don't get kicked in the face!