someone has a case of the...

|
Monday's aren't supposed to be this good. Lucky for me, sometimes they aren't half bad. Here's how it went:

1) Polished and flossed my first 'real' adult patient today (many friends and family of the dentistry team had to be my pretend patients). It went pretty smoothly. Other than me sweating up a storm under those scrubs and the hot light. And putting my mask on inside out. I was nervous!

2) Very, very cautiously I sat in my car after work. It was hot in there - stifling. The sun had been blasting it all day long. I held my breath. If I inhaled, I would have to endure the rank, sour milk still roasting in my car mat. The only problem - at some point during the five mile drive home, I had to breathe. Oh boy. It started as a slight sniff. Quick, shallow. Just enough to keep from passing out. Hmmm... it seems... all clear? A deeper sniffle. Again, nothing. Not a whif. It can't be! The newspaper trick worked. Mom told me to crumple up newsprint and place it on the spill. I left it overnight. And wah-lah! It works people. I'm telling you, the newspaper works. I hope you never spill milk in your car - never, ever, ever - but if you do, remember the newspaper trick. Mom's always know, don't they? Thanks Momma.

3) Made a milkshake for dinner.

4) Met an awesome future bride and groom tonight. They were just happy and warm and fun. And easy-going. I didn't want our conversation to end. Big dorky smile on my face when I left the coffee shop.

Happy Monday, indeed.



BONUS: Jen and I stumbled upon this lovely and vast Christmas in July yard display during our walk yesterday evening. Uhhh... 'tis the Season!

0 comments: