screaming infidelities...

|
I'm sure everyone knows someone who does this and it's forever maddening. The guy who brings things up just to get you riled up and angry inside. The girl who almost always disagrees with what's being said, as if on purpose just to do it. Do these people enjoy being difficult? Do they just like knowing they can affect (or is that effect) a person? Or maybe they plain on enjoy being a little challenging to get along with. Man it drives me crazy. I guess it has been bugging me lately because a guy in my group in class does this all the time. It doesn't matter how hard we've worked or how much time I have put into something, it's never right, never good enough. And worse than that he points it out rudely and harshly. "Um... that's wrong". "Why'd you do it that way." Geez dude. And when he's wrong (which has been most of the time), is there any sign of admittance? Ha. It's been a personal goal to not give these arguers the satisfaction of a raised voice or hint of frustration. And that's not always easy, but usually well worth it. Because then they get flustered for not getting a typical response. And I can walk away with a satisfied smile on my face. See, I used to think I liked arguing, like it was often my fault, but Rae update - I really don't. Thank goodness. That's not to say when something is meaningful or close to me I won't raise my voice and defend my position with a little emotion. Because if necessary I get riled up. I can't help it. I think it shows passion. It shows you care for something, or someone and that's perfectly fine with me.

0 comments: