for the purple (and the white)!...

|
Last weekend I finally got to make it back to the home country - what a refreshing trip it was to be reunited with my roomies and friends I hadn't seen in a long, long time. Everyone was able to get back together - quite an amazing feat for seven girls in four different cities and three states.
We kicked it off at the 'Ville Friday night, hanging out on a patio while it drizzled rain all evening. It was somewhat strange to be at the old stomping ground. It seems as though things change so quickly. People move away, new ones enter the scene, there are less familiar faces to run into. But I guess I should know by now that that's just how things go. In a way it made my visit easier, knowing that although I miss my college buddies (terribly), they will soon too be gone and on their own, forging their lives in the wonderful world of work. And although I will, and do, miss the best college town on this planet, it's also okay to move on, and forgive the cheesiness, take the memories with you. Because sometimes that's about all you can do. And although it would be nice, I can't stay a K-State student forever. (Tear)
Okay, enough sappy reflection. We all had a great time together, starting game day with an official tailgate beautifully orchestrated by Bridge and Meggie. Yummy! The girls thought of everything, all packed into Bridge's trunk and ready to go. Well... almost everything. It was a little difficult to figure out how to make eggs without a skillet... haha. But of course, that is what nice neighbors are for! The night before I had pushed everyone to wake up extra early, have a quick start on the morning, and get our booties to the field. Needless to say, uh... I was the last one up and showered. Ooops. But we were still there by 8AM. Woo-hoo! That night we played cards and pong with Meggie's boys, then headed to the bars, where dancing, shots, and drunken conversation ensued. Anna and I stayed up late that night, probably in order to avoid the next morning, when we would have to go our separate ways. We ordered Jimmy Johns, and inhaled both sandwiches, which we very much regretted the next day. But hey, it is tradition.

Perhaps one of my favorite parts of the weekend was going to church with the girls, like old times, and then having lunch after - of course, you know where. We finally said our goodbyes and headed off in numerous directions.

It was so nice (and needed) to be back! For the two days I stayed it felt as though I had been living there forever - like nothing had changed at all (minus living out of a suitcase instead of two walk-in closets, and a very adorable kitten added to the family). Thank you so much to everyone for everything - I hope to see you again soon!

0 comments: