rock on...

|
"Don't you know that your hand is only as big as your fist?"

-- My wonderful momma (after one too many margaritas)

My parents came out to visit this weekend. Dad said he could hardly take it - waiting one more second to get to Colorado would have been too much. And it was great to see them. I get a little more homesick here than college years... hmmm... maybe it takes awhile to appreciate all you have. My little brother hasn't made it over yet - he is busy with school and work and girlfriend stuff. But I hope he can soon. I miss him!

Sunday we went for a driving tour to see the fall foliage in the mountains. We didn't really know where we were going, but I think we found where we wanted to be. The road led us to Red Rocks - an amazing, amazing naturally made amphitheatre in the middle of the foothills. It is one of the top entertainment venues anywhere, according to artists and performers around the world. Hey, who can compete with perfect natural acoustics and an open sky? Next year I will definitely have tickets to one of many concerts hosted there!

We then traveled along a winding road, along creeks and trees and mountains. Many of the leaves have already turned and fallen, but the remaining colors were still beautiful. The day was a little cold and dreary, slightly damp and overcast - but the trip was well worth it, and we really didn't seem to notice. We ended up at a cozy Italian restaurant in the middle of an itty-bitty town, filled our bellies, and headed home.

So, in reflection of a relaxing weekend and good times with the parents, here are some pictures to capture the moment, as well as other dorky moments, brought to you by my family, goofiness and all.


Daddy and I showing off the red rock. See... it really is red!

Mom and I at the creek we hiked down to. Somehow she managed to be taller than me - not fair!
Umm... if you ever questioned where my kid-like nature came from - it's a pretty safe bet to say you're looking at him :)
Another Red Rocks photo-op with my momma.
Okay, so this one isn't family. But I think it's amazing, and I'm the photographer - so up it goes. You can see part of the seating as well as the view. Wow!

That's all for now. Nighty night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you!! And Virgil and Leann...looks like you had a pretty good weekend!

Bridget