go-go gadget...

|
So both my co-worker and my supervisor are on vacation this week, Kirk is in Florida, and I'm in the wing all by myself. Yep, just me, internet radio, and seven feet of paperwork staring at me from the cubicle. For anyone who has done much filing, you know it can be a dangerous job. I have numerous papercuts all over my hands (the ones across the knuckles are the worst) and I've even broken nails. Yowee.

Today I had been reaching in and out of an expandable file quite a bit, and it wasn't until the task was complete that I noticed it scraped up my entire left forearm. I started walking to my desk and checking out the damage. While doing so I noticed the skin under my bicep jiggle a bit. I take another step. Jiggle jiggle. What? When did this happen?! Surely not. Crap, I need to start lifting weights again and prevent the flappy underarm syndrome that happens during old age. All of this I am thinking to myself while pinching the extra... ahem... skin - in shock. I begin examining it more closely, lifting it over my head to be sure of what I had witnessed. So... why was it then that the director of development decided to pass me by in the hall. Ack! Panic. He looked at me with completely perplexed facial expression - kind of like how a dog tilts its head when confused or puzzled. Obviously there is really no way of covering up my insulation inspection and basically no way of saving much pride. So my face turns red, I muster a "hi", pretend to awkwardly scratch my underarm (as if that were the real reason I was holding it up), and duck into my cubicle.

The moral of this story? Never slack on your bench presses or reverse tricep curl thingies. You never know what type of strange predicament it might get you into.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this moment I'm picturing you doing push ups in your office cubical. Haha You are one crazy woman. Get to lifting weights and then if that guy sees you again ... you can punch him!

-Ryan